Dogs are not permitted upstairs or on any furniture. The management assume no responsibility for injuries incurred using play or sport equipment at the property.
The Manor House Moreton take no liability for happenings outside their control and no liability will fall on the Owner for the effects of extreme weather, power cuts, water shortages, gas failure, coastal or farming disasters, epidemic or pandemic as declared by the Department of Health, DEFRA or WHO. The use of amenities, where offered, such as swimming pools and garden play equipment etc, is entirely at the users’ risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury or loss or damage to users’ or visitors’ belongings.
Every attempt is made to ensure the house and equipment are in good working order. If the Hirer is not satisfied with some aspect, contact the housekeeper IMMEDIATELY. A claim against the owner must be made by the party leader, lodged whilst at the property and subsequently put in writing. It will not be considered if it is reported after departure.
If the housekeeper cannot remedy the fault they will contact the Owner. The Owner reserves the right to enter the property to do urgent works.
The Owner does not accept liability for any loss or damage to the Hirer’s possessions or motor cars whilst at the property.
The Hirer agrees to take good care of the property and contents; it must be left in a clean and tidy condition, linen/towels must not be damaged and not removed from the house. Pets, where permitted, must be kept under control, not allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms nor be left unattended; dog dirt must be removed from the gardens. Hirers must pay for breakages and will be accountable for any damage, missing items and extra cleaning – this is defined as time taken in excess of the normal turn-around and would include: a) dirty dishes/dishwasher not emptied; b) cooker/hob/oven with burned on food; c) furniture, if moved, not put back into its original position; d) excessive quantities of rubbish requiring disposal; e) dog dirt not being removed from gardens; etc.
In the event of the property not being available (e.g. fire, flood, death of owner etc), will notify the Hirer as soon as possible, offer a full refund or try to find other acceptable accommodation. Owner liability is limited to the rents received.
MAXIMUM PARTY SIZE AT THE PROPERTY MUST NOT BE EXCEEDED. Any breach of this condition will result in admission being refused or immediate expulsion without compensation for lost rent. The Hirer may not have more than 2 visitors at the property at any one time who must depart by 11pm. This condition may only be varied by express written permission of the Owner, obtained in advance. Confirmation of Bookings: Once we have issued a Confirmation of Booking Receipt, the Hirer is responsible for the total published price of the property and extras as shown on the confirmation. Amendments to bookings, where allowed, will be subject to an administration fee of £30. The owners reserve the right to adjust prices quoted in the brochure, on our website or on details to properties, due to errors or omissions.
Damage Deposits: A Damage Deposit of £500 against damage/extra cleaning will be required , all overseas guests and other bookings/increased deposits at our discretion.
Non family groups are only accepted at owner’s discretion.
Music must be kept to a reasonable level at all times.
A separate Damage Deposit of *£500 against Damage/Extra Cleaning is required for all 4, or more bedrooms, for all bookings made by non-uk residents and other bookings/increased deposits at our discretion. 7 days before the start of your holiday the £500 will become due and you will be contacted for payment. The amount will then be credited back within 7 working days of your departure.
Housekeepers are required to report to us within 3 days of your departure that everything is satisfactory. 99 times out of a 100 nothing further is required and the amount held is credited back. In the event of damage, breakage, missing items or extra cleaning being reported (see below), we will advise you by email or letter detailing items with invoices insofar as they are available (where they are not, estimates will be provided) and the amount charged to your card will be held subject to the final invoice.
Areas Covered by the Damage Deposit
Extra Cleaning: (defined as time taken in excess of the normal turn-around for that particular property) will be charged at the housekeepers usual hourly rate. The list below is not exhaustive but would include:
- BBQ grill not emptied of charcoal and grills not cleaned and returned to cupboard in kitchen.
- Dirty dishes left on surfaces and sink, plus dishwasher not put on before departure / emptied.
- Bins not emptied of waste and put in to wheelie bins
- Cooker/hob or oven with burned on food.
- Furniture / lamps / cushions etc if moved, not put back to its original position. – Disposal of cigarette butts, dog mess etc
- Excessive quantities of rubbish requiring disposal.
Invoices for Repairs (beyond normal wear and tear) or items broken/missing (replaced like for like as far as possible) will be submitted.
If the housekeeper or our office are involved in extra organisation, telephone calls/letters; this will be charged for. A final account will be submitted as soon as possible.
- Any Cancellation must be advised by the party leader in writing. If advised more than 12 weeks prior to the first day of the holiday, we will attempt to re-let. The deposit is however non-refundable.
- If 12 weeks prior to the first day of the holiday the balance of the rent is not received, we will assume cancellation and the deposit amount will be forfeit.
- If cancellation occurs within or outside 12 weeks prior to the first day of the holiday, we will attempt to re let and if successful will refund the rent excluding deposit received less £100 administration fee. If unsuccessful the full amount of the let is forfeit but remains payable.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Rental charge does not include cancellation protection / insurance. Please make your own arrangements.